Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
A fall favorite at my home, this gluten-free, grain-free version of pancakes is delectable. They are also kid-approved! Because they are high in protein, they are quite satisfying and will keep you full all morning. You can top them with fresh fruit, coconut cream or a touch of maple syrup for a perfect start to your day.
PERFECT PUMPKIN PANCAKES
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 2 TBSP ghee or coconut oil
- Whisk eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together.
- Sift coconut flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt into pumpkin mixture.
- Melt coconut oil on griddle on medium heat.
- Spoon batter onto hot griddle. Go small; batter is thin and will spread.
- When they start to bubble, flip for another minute.
- Serve with optional seasonal toppings like bananas and apples, cinnamon and pecans.