Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin Pancakes
Just in time for the Halloween season! These pancakes are simple, delicious, and allergen-friendly.
Not only are they gluten-free and grain-free but they also incorporate pumpkin, which is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron and dietary fiber and a good source of vitamin E, pantothenic acid, magnesium and other minerals. They are also high in protein, making them a satisfying breakfast or snack option.
Decorating them like a jack-o-lantern with dried and fresh fruits is a great way to make them more festive and fun for the entire family this October.
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 2 TBSP ghee or coconut oil (melted)
- 2-3 Tbsp 100% maple syrup (optional)
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dried and fresh fruits such as dried cherries, raisins, apples, and your other favorites.