Spectacular Stuffed Sweet Potato!
If you are trying to eat the rainbow, this recipe will help you accomplish that. It’s not only full of healthy fat, fiber, and color, but also a popular favorite among our staff!
Spectacular Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ apple, diced, sweet red apple works well
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (crasins)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 4 oz cooked steak or chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1½ cups spinach or kale, packed
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes clean. Poke them with a fork on all sides and place on a baking tray. Tip: Line baking tray with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Coat sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil and bake for 45-60 minutes until tender.
- When sweet potatoes are about 20 minutes from being done, Preheat a sauté pan to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic for 5-7 minutes until translucent.
- Add bell pepper, apples, cranberries and continue sautéing for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add steak or chicken and spinach (or kale) and stir until greens have cooked down and steak is heated through.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise and use a spoon or knife to open up the middle as to create a pouch. Spoon stuffing into each sweet potato and serve immediately.
Stir-Fried Coconut Chicken and Broccoli