Spicy Detox Drink Recipe
Keep in mind there are several ways to support your body’s natural detoxification process… This is just a fun recipe for a drink that utilizes the benefits of apple cider vinegar, a probiotic-rich food I wrote about in a previous post. It’s full of enzymes and good bacteria for the digestive system.
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and is a great source of vitamin C which supports the immune system, among many other things.
Cinnamon has been shown to help balance blood sugar as well and support a healthy metabolism.
Cayenne pepper contains a compound called capsaicin has been shown to have protective and healing effects on the stomach. It may also help decrease hunger and increase feelings of fullness.
I personally drink this beverage upon waking or going to bed, but it can be enjoyed at any time during the day. Some find it especially helpful before meals.
Spicy Detox Drink
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s with “the mother”)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice or 1-2 drops lemon essential oil (only use essential oils verified therapeutic for internal use)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or 1-2 drops cinnamon essential oil(only use essential oils verified therapeutic for internal use)
- dash cayenne pepper
- 8 oz water, warm to hot(temperature depends on preference)
- dash stevia or 1 tsp raw honey
Mix all ingredients together with spoon and enjoy. Continue to stir while sipping as cinnamon will sink to bottom of glass and create a “sludge” that may not be appetizing.