Tart and tangy, this refreshing smoothie is a great way to start a summer morning.
Daily Cleansing Berry Lemonade Recipe
- 1.5 cups water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped (about 1/4 large cucumber)
- 1 cup berries of choices, preferably frozen
- 1 heaping cup baby spinach and/or torn romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/2 lemon peel removed, OR leave it on if the lemon is organic and you like it zesty!
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6-8 mint leaves, fresh
- 1-2 Tbsp cilantro or parsley, fresh
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds, optional… Try without first, and add on subsequent days if desired. This smoothie already has plenty of fiber and adding the chia or flax might make it too thick for your taste. Consider adding additional ¼ cup liquid or a handful of ice cubes if you choose to use chia or flax.
Add everything to your blender. Start on low, then increase speed to high and blend until smooth! Sweeten additionally, as desired, with 4-6 drops liquid stevia if needed.