In a desperate attempt to prepare for the holidays, we are all looking for recipes to make for upcoming parties, family gatherings and special events. A classic favorite is homemade apple pie, but it’s typically loaded with refined sugar and processed flour.
Here is a recipe for a raw homemade apple pie chalk full of nutrients and goodness! Raw means you don’t have to turn on your oven, so it’s once less step and much quicker than the traditional recipe.
This pie keeps for a couple days in the fridge, but you may want to eat it up much faster than this… And why not? It’s good for you!
Raw Homemade Apple Pie
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup soaked raisins
- Dash of sea salt
- 8 organic apples, 7 chopped and one sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup soaked dates (medjool are quite good!)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- handful slivered almonds (optional)
- Blend the crust ingredients in a high-speed blender until crumbly. Press crust down into the bottom of a pie pan evenly. Set aside.
- Using same high-speed blender, or food processor, pulse the 7 chopped apples in the blender. Remove 3/4 of the apples and place in a mixing bowl. Add remaining filling ingredients, except raisins, to blender with remaining apples and blend well.
- Pour this mixture into the mixing bowl with apples and add the raisins. Mix well to combine and pour over raw crust.
- Decorate with thinly sliced apples and slivered almonds as desired.
- Store in refrigerator until set (about 1-2 hours) and serve.