When you get busy but don’t want to sacrifice flavor or nutrition, try out this simple recipe. You might be surprised at just how good it tastes!
Pepperoncini Pot Roast with Yams
Serves: 4 people + leftovers
- 2 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 jar “deli-sliced” pepperoncinis
- 2 small yams or sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half lengthwise (do not peel)
- Place roast in a slow cooker. Dump entire jar of pepperoncini and half of the liquid in the jar over roast. Discard remaining liquid or reserve for another use.
- Place yams, cut-side down, over meat and pepperoncinis.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hrs or medium for 6 hours. (Cooking time may vary depending on brand of slow cooker, please plan accordingly and check meat after 4-5 hours)
- After fully cooked and tender, remove roast from slow cooker and shred with and fork and knife.
- Serve on top of cooked yams and top with cooked pepperoncini.
- Use leftover meat for sandwiches or as a salad topper the next day!