Need I ask twice?!
Whether it’s the childhood memories or the pure desire for comfort (aka chocolate), chocolate pudding is a little hard to turn down.
Even though, we know we probably should. Turn. It. Down. And even though, nine times out of ten, those little plastic containers filled with milk, sugar, high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fats is not quite as satisfying as the deliciously tantalizing pictures on the package.
But, that doesn’t stop us from occasionally (or not so occasionally) being drawn to the bright lights of Chocolate Decadence, and in a brilliant moment of weakness, grabbing the stuff and hiding it underneath our broccoli. Because everyone knows we shouldn’t be eating Chocolate Pudding.
But, boy, have I got exciting news for you! I am sharing a recipe for a Chocolate Pudding that you should be eating, filled with such super goodness – in the form of superfood antioxidants and super taste.
Choco Chia Pudding*
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
Instructions: add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Include honey (ideally raw honey) if you prefer it sweeter.
*Recipe disclaimer: Choco Chia Pudding is seriously addictive. You may even dream about it.
Extra Recipe Notes:
- Chia Substitution: if you don’t like Chia Seeds or don’t have Chia Seeds in your kitchen pantry – 1/2 a medium sized avocado, in place of the chia seeds, works great and makes it super creamy too!
- serving suggestions – top with raw cacoa nibs, shredded coconut and/or dried goji berries.
If you’d like to receive more recipes like this in the future please send me an e-mail at email@example.com and I’d be happy to add you to our subscription list.