If you are trying to eat the rainbow, this recipe will help you accomplish that. It’s not only full of healthy fat, fiber, and color, but also a popular favorite among our staff!
Spectacular Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ apple, diced, sweet red apple works well
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (crasins)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 4 oz cooked steak or chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1½ cups spinach or kale, packed
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes clean. Poke them with a fork on all sides and place on a baking tray. Tip: Line baking tray with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Coat sweet potatoes with 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil and bake for 45-60 minutes until tender.
- When sweet potatoes are about 20 minutes from being done, Preheat a sauté pan to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic for 5-7 minutes until translucent.
- Add bell pepper, apples, cranberries and continue sautéing for additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add steak or chicken and spinach (or kale) and stir until greens have cooked down and steak is heated through.
- Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise and use a spoon or knife to open up the middle as to create a pouch. Spoon stuffing into each sweet potato and serve immediately.
Stir-Fried Coconut Chicken and Broccoli